Monday, October 15, 2012

A Face for Radio

Well everyone, today's the day. The first show I've ever produced/written will go live at 1PM on WYPR, 88.1FM. Listen in if you want, the podcast of it will be on the website later this week so you can hear it there as well. I'm more than a little nervous, I really just want to fast forward to 2PM and get it over with. Dan Rodricks (the host) texted me last night about some script revisions which of course sent me into a panic, but, I was able to pull it together and I think it's going to be a really fun hour. Of course everyone I know knows about it and I just ran into my department head who said that she can't wait to hear it either. It may seem like I'm making a bid deal out of this, and if I am, it's because it's a big deal to me. Something that I wrote and conceptualized is going to be read/performed/whatever live on the air today and I feel like there is electricity running through my body right now. To think that my producers do this every day is terrifying. I guess it becomes second nature after a while but, as they say, you always remember your first time. Wish me luck internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment