Sunday, September 16, 2012

Indian Summer

So my first show, as in one that I've written, researched, and produced, is on the calendar for 10/15. It's gonna be the second hour of the show which is usually reserved for human interest and weird shit that the producers don't know what to do with. I'm really excited but I have a fear in the pit of my stomach that no one is gonna call in and that Dan isn't going to know what the hell to do with the curator of the Baltimore Tattoo Museum. Although, I guess I can't really help that. All I can do is provide a well written script and exhaustively researched notes and the rest is out of my control. Just to be safe though I'm going to make sure that everyone I know has the show's number and a well formed opinion regarding tattoo culture. Now if only that PHD asshole from Michigan would call me back and then this show would be phenomenal. So far the radio station is going well. I was able to do an admirable job on my first big assignment...ughhh...ughhhh...now I have to explain about Rudy. Have you ever seen the movie "Rudy"? No? Me neither. "Rudy" is a stupid feel good, heart warming movie from 1993 about an underdog named, you guessed it, Rudy, who despite the odds is able to fulfill his dreams. Are you done puking yet? Now, anyone who knows me knows that I detest heartwarming and feel good on principal alone. But I digress. Rudy has recently written a book about his life and the hoops he had to jump through to get the movie made. My assignment was to read his book and take notes on it. These notes are what Dan Rodricks, the host, uses before the show to prep, and during to reference. I also had to come up with some questions for him to ask Rudy. Rudy has had, without a doubt, the most boring, pointless life of anyone ever. He's so fucking wholesome he wrote "heck" about 20 times in his book yet there was nary a "fuck" in sight. Now, would you trust a grown man whose go to cuss word is "heck"? I don't fucking think so Rudy. Anyway, the book, and Rudy himself, were just as awful as you can probably imagine. The only interesting thing about the man was that he was charged with fraud by the SEC last year and had to pay almost $400,000 in fines, but unfortunately this wasn't a trial so Dan didn't really ask him about it. Oh and Rudy hogged all of the catered lunch that day too. I'll see you in hell Rudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment