Wednesday, September 26, 2012

National Public Retard

So right now I'm sitting in the WYPR office and I'm bored. Vanessa just left for the day so it's probably going to be very quiet around here. Right now it's just me and Nikki in a very cramped office. The dulcet sounds of traffic are wafting in through the windows. It's almost kind of pleasant. I should be working on my show but I'm blogging instead which seems like a better use of my time right now.

The show went well last night. Lindsay came which was really nice of her. I would've felt stupid (more stupid) being there by myself. Thankfully, and I really mean that, my play "Gathering Doom" got a really great reaction from the audience. I got a ton of laughs and it felt great that people understood it and thought that it was funny. So the show went off without a hitch, however, post show I had to go up on stage and do a Q&A session. However, proving that some people never change, Teri (and to a lesser extent Kimberley) did a lot of talking. I answered one question about my writing process (which also got a laugh) and that was about it. There were a few questions from the audience about the cultural differences and how our perceptions of Northern Ireland changed and....borrrrrring. I was really hoping that someone would jump up and yell "Sean I heard you suck a lot of dick! Is that true?!?!" or "Mr. McDonough, could you comment on the rumors that you set houses on fire so you can save people and look like a hero?!?" But alas, nothing like that happened.

After the show today I have Project Management II which means I'm probably going to have to present tonight. I really don't want to present. I hate presenting. I've always hated presented. In fact I recently blogged about how much I wasn't looking forward to this presentation. I'm hoping against hope that he asks everyone if we think it's necessary to present tonight or if we can just move on to the next project.

Speaking of projects, I finally successfully made something in Adobe indesign that I'm proud of. We had to make a poster promoting a fake concert (the Throwing Bows tour, coming to a venue near you!). It was a giant pain in the ass because I had to do it in the computer lab as opposed to doing it at home. Also printing a poster takes almost 30 min and cost about $10. Once I had the finished product I then had to haul ass to Michael's to buy foam core and spray mount. Then I mounted the poster while simultaneously coating my hands and forearms with spray mount. Once my poster was securely attached to the foam core I had to cut it to size. As you can probably tell this whole thing took up a lot of my very, very important time. Seriously, I'm really fucking busy. But, all in all, I'm very happy with the outcome and my professor Jessica Moore seemed to like it as well. Now I just have to create a magazine. I think I'm gonna call it "Frivolity & Idle Amusement" or if that doesn't work "Shit for Gay Retards".

No comments:

Post a Comment