Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Set Standards to Low Pt. 1

I'm exhausted. I've got the day off today so I'm cleaning, working, and still getting over the weekend. Basically I had work Saturday morning at 3AM as per usual. However, Saturday was also Nicole's birthday. Now normally I would just sleep when I got off of work at 10AM, no harm no foul. However, this Saturday was a little different. Remember that time I went to Ireland for a month to write a play? Well tomorrow we are performing the plays for the school and also have a post show Q&A session. Because of this we had a 3 hour rehearsal on Saturday which threw a big fucking Donkey Kong sized monkey wrench right into my tightly coordinated plans.

After work I was really tired due to a combination of having to be at work at 3AM also because I got zero sleep the night before. After work I drove home and slept for a few hours. I really only meant to sleep for about 1 hour, get up, take a shower, and drive to school. As it turns out, I ended up sleeping until noon, which was when rehearsal start. I almost skipped the whole thing actually. I'm not in the performance, I was too busy and missed the first 2 rehearsals so I told Kimberly that I didn't have the time to participate. No big deal, she said it was fine and my play is still being performed. She did ask that I attend the final, tech rehearsal which I acquiesced to. Anyway, I starting getting texts from Rachel asking if I was coming. I assured her that I was. I dragged my ass out of bed, took a shower, threw on my finest bum clothes and drove to school. All told I was about 90 minutes late...oh well.

When I got to school I was promptly thrust on stage and basically told that I was still in the performance. I had to sit through an entire dress rehearsal and it sucked. I had enjoyed a small, green, leafy, salad earlier and wasn't prepared for the spotlight to literally be on me.

After the show I talked to Kimberley and better explained the situation. She understood so now I just have to do the Q&A after the show. Unfortunately for me, my day was just beginning.

Following rehearsal I hauled ass home to change clothes and then immediately leave to meet Jack, Nicole, and Lindsay at a corn maze. Of course while we were in the very middle of the maze it began to torrentially rain...yeah, so that happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment